There is no turning back on productive solutions powered by digital technologies. As each well has unique variables to deal with, oilfield service companies offer solutions that cater to its complexities. The irregularities deal with the geology, laterals and depths that the North American basins possess. Such practical challenges require comprehensive services from specialized companies.
Are you geared up for new business 4.0 solutions? Does your service partner offer pump down techniques which may be vital for well prosperity and success?
Roadblocks, Despite Digital Solutions?
Globally, the energy sector continues to be barreled by fluctuations of prices, non-disclosure of deals between partners,constant policy changes, environmental issues, and the depletion of natural resources. Although digital solutions offer new techniques and methods of tapping complexities of operations, the information gathered is not put to best practices. This adds to the obstacles of adoption of the digital transformation. Crude oil producers often fail to utilize the data that they have gathered via mobile apps. Currently, IoT platform offers a large expanse of intelligence for operators and decision makers. It is supported by automated services, agility, and cloud. They enable field sensor data to be aligned quickly. The data comes from the wells, pipelines, and other remote onsite regions. The extraction can be picked up by the sensors, transported by rails in batches with timely schedules. It moves farther in an automated way to the next terminal to reach the refineries and plant for further action. This kind of agility improves the standard of operations. Numerous oilfield service companies are bogged down by the lack of integration with traditional systems that oil producers have. Both partners need to opt for upgrades to mitigate roadblocks. Their collaboration will enable data gathering to be of better use.
Getting Over the Digital Exhaust
E&P companies have a field staff that gathers data which is stored. After sometime the same becomes useless as it is not put to use. Service partner companies can add value by utilizing this data and providing analytics and reports. Such companies offer comprehensive and customized packages that relate to:
- Cementing of the well in the primary stage of its completion.
- Creating laterals silos and plugging systems.
- Doing work over on rigs and coil units with large diameters.
- Through cleaning of well for production.
- Drilling out the holes and plugging with advanced composition.
- Checking for casing anomalies that break it and create an emergency situation. The service provider needs to isolate the patch with an extended plug.
Oilfield service companies also need to adopt digital transformation to help their clients to achieve the best results. The link below offers a survey that makes it essential for these vendors to upgrade their solutions and offerings for their clients in the energy sector.
They have to deal with 5 major issues associated with:
- Long time in clearing the sales outstanding. It results to numerous delays and obstacles in providing services.
- Field staff has to gather data and split it for operators, management, and the engineers. It is a time consuming process and takes several days to complete. Often reports have errors that add to the problems. Software-based apps offer refined and accurate reporting.
- When spread sheets are used, the data remains fixed. Updates cannot be added in real-time. Hence, service providers offer new technologies to update the figures. When vendors work for multiple clients, they need to have online systems that offer a real-time update on a common dashboard.
- Today, tracking various jobs is done conveniently with online systems. The admin can check where a technician is working and what assets are being used. The length of time at work is tracked.
- Invoicing processes slow down because reports do not reach the departments on time and have inconsistencies. Sharing the invoices for checking and making payments becomes an obstacle or a dispute if timelines are delayed.
E & P companies and partners have communication errors as several services and equipment are provided in different locations. These challenges can be avoided by the use of cloud-based software. Data can be processed during the course of the project for the back office and admin with precision. Investments in the new technologies allow full implementation of Business 4.0. It is successfully being applied in other industries. Several major oilfield service companies are testing its capabilities to improve various functions. It is a matter of time that well prosperity is achieved with new pump down techniques.